The perfect food to take camping with you! Pasta Salad hold up great for a few days in the cooler, I made my first batch this past weekend for a family camping trip. I threw in every veggie that I could think of, and it turned out amazing!! Everybody there loved it, and I even ended up with a good amount of left overs.
I love camping, its all about the food, the drinks and the good times. I don't know about you but packing way to much food always seems to happen when planning a trip to the woods or to the beach. Along with the enormous amount of pasta salad that I made, we took; burgers & hot dogs (veggie for me), beans, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, chips, crackers, fruit, sandwiches...you name it!
Over all the experience is always amazing, and so unforgettable. Can't wait for summer to get here, more camping trips to come! Next time I wanna give the home-made snacks a go! Here is my Pasta Salad Recipe, Enjoy!
- 1lb bag spiral pasta (I used whole wheat)
- 1 jar heart of palm, slices down the center then cut width wise
- 1 bag frozen artichoke hearts
- 1.5 cups halved Kalamata Olives
- 1.5 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 shredded carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bottle Italian Dressing (I use Whole Food's 365 Vegan dressing)
Cook pasta according to directions.
Combine pasta and cut veggies.
Pour almost the entire bottle of dressing, to taste.
Add 1/2 cup of the olive juice from the jar.